General accessibility 2016
Culture is for everyone, that’s our motto at Over het IJ Festival. That’s why we have taken measures to make the festival more accessible, in cooperation with Stichting 5D.
If you are disabled and wish to be assisted, please let us know when you are coming to the festival. This way we can arrange for you to visit the festival at ease. You can inform us of your visit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us in the office on 020-4922229.
This is how we improve the accessibility of Over het IJ Festival:
- Improved readability of signage.
- As many performances as possible are wheelchair accessible. These performances can be recognized by the wheelchair-icon in the program page of each performance and in the daily schedule.
- At the Sea Container Program, we have installed volunteers that will help you if you are less mobile. At every location there will also be audience supervisors that are always ready to assist. 9 out of 10 Sea Container performances are wheelchair accessible.
- The ferry’s that run from Central Station and Westerdoksdijk to NDSM-Wharf are wheelchair accessible.
- The Heart of the Festival (Festivalhart) and the thereto connected Pllek restaurant are wheelchair accessible. Pllek also facilitates a toilet for the disabled.
Should you have any suggestions as to how we can improve the accessibility of our festival, please let us know.